- One chicken 1.8-2 kg
- 2 kg pork bone
- 500 gr onion (2 bulbs)
- 100 gr purple onion
- 50 gr fresh ginger
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (coriander seeds)
- Lemon leaves
- Coriander (coriander)
- Chili fruit, chili sauce, ground pepper, fish sauce, salt, chicken seasoning
Step 1: Roast Pork Bones
First we cook pork bones (pork bones). Wash the bones, then add a little water to boil briefly, take out and rinse with clean water. Then put 4 liters of water in the pot, put the bones back in and start simmering. Pay attention when simmering the bones, we keep the fire low, the water boils in a rolling form, don’t let the fire boil, it will make the broth cloudy, making the broth tasteless and unsightly.
Narrow the bones thoroughly for a period of 2 to 3 hours, with the aim of softening the bones and giving fresh water.
Step 2: Ginger, Grilled Onions Are Fragrant
- Prepare 2 grilled onions, ginger and shallots on both sides. We can wrap it in baking paper on the stove or use the oven to bake.
- Peel the onion, the red onion burns on the outside. Chop the onion into 4 parts but do not cut the bulb. Smash the onions.
- Grilled ginger, clean the ginger skin, and smash it..
Step 3: Add Cilantro Seeds
Take 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds or coriander seeds and put them in a kitchen utensil or bag. Wrap the cilantro seeds completely and tie them tightly, then drop into the pot of bone broth. Coriander seeds will make the broth more unique and have a distinctive, strange aroma.
Step 4: Boil the Chicken
- Chicken is washed, salted inside and outside, then rinsed, drained. If there is a lot of fat, peel it off and fry until golden brown to separate the fat. After the chicken has cooled down completely, spread it on the chicken for a beautiful shine.
- Wear gloves to hold the chicken’s neck and dip it in a pot of boiling water and spread it all over the chicken, don’t rush to boil it right away. The purpose is to help boiled chicken have a beautiful glossy skin and not crack when boiled.
- After the chicken is completely bare, then drop the chicken in to boil. When the water boils again, see a lot of foam floating, skim off the foam in the pot. Add about 1 bowl of cold water in the pot, turn the chicken over and wait for the water to boil again. Lower the heat and wait for another 10 minutes, then turn off the heat (if the chicken is big, cook longer). Continue to cover the pot and let it sit for another 15 minutes, then remove the chicken from the pot
- Test the chicken to see if it’s cooked by using a skewer or chopsticks, poking a thick spot like the thigh. The normal time to boil chicken is about 30 to 45 minutes.
- After removing the chicken, pour a bowl of cooled boiled or cold water down from the chicken’s neck and place in the basket, wait for the chicken to cool. When the chicken has cooled, use the previously fried chicken fat to spread it on the skin for a nice shine.
Step 5: Add Spices to Perfect How to Make Delicious Chicken Noodle Soup at Home
- Add ginger, onions, and onions to the pot and simmer for about 30 minutes to 1 hour to produce fresh water and aroma from vegetables. At this time, the pot of pho was very sweet and fragrant with ginger.
- Season 1 tablespoon of soup powder into the pho broth, 2 tablespoons of chicken seasoning. If you like, you can add 2 tablespoons of fish sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Perfecting the way to cook chicken noodle soup, you’ve got a pot of delicious chicken noodle soup, sweet and beautiful yellow color. Now you just prepare pho and some vegetables, omit the scallions and coriander and you’re good to go.